Frequently Asked Questions - Clerk Services

Can I apply for a passport at the Town Hall?

The Town of Collingwood does not administer Passports.

However, you can obtain Passport Applications and further information/assistance with Passports at:

Service Canada - Passport Receiving Agency Office
44 Hurontario Street, Collingwood

The Client Service Officers in the Service Canada office have been fully trained by Passport Canada and can check Passport applications, along with ID documents, provide advice to clients, take payment and send passport Applications to Passport Canada the same day.

Please visit their website for more information here: Service Canada or Canada Post at 33 Hurontario Street, Collingwood.

I recently had a baby, when/where can I apply for a birth certificate?

Before you can apply for a birth certificate for your baby, you must first register your baby's birth with the Registrar General.

Please click on the following link to get further information about registering your baby and obtaining a birth certificate. Births

I am getting married soon, where can I get a marriage licence?

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage!

You can apply for a marriage licence at the Town of Collingwood Clerk's Office at 97 Hurontario Street, Collingwood. The fee for a Marriage licence is $130 and can be paid by cash or interac only.

For further information on getting married, click on the following link: Getting Married


Does the Town offer civil marriage ceremonies?

The Town of Collingwood currently has two officiants who can perform civil marriage ceremonies. The cost for an officiant to perform a ceremony is $225.00.

For further information and/or to inquire about availability of an officiant, please call our office at 705-445-1030 ext. 3221.