Geocaching Healthy Kids Community Challenge
What is Geocaching?
Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS enabled device. Caches (containers) are hidden at different locations throughout Collingwood, along the trail system. There are 30 HKCC geocaches hidden. Inside the cache there are trinkets to trade and a logbook to sign. Caches may be hidden behind a tree, under a log or beneath a rock. All of the Healthy Kids Community Challenge geocaches have been registered with Geocaching.com.
How do I find a hidden cache?
1. Borrow a GPS device from the Collingwood Public Library
2. Download the geocaching app from Geocaching.com
1. Watch where you travel - be aware of the plants in the area, each cache is located close to the trail.
2. Return the cache where you found it.
3. Sign the Log - when you find a geocache make sure you sign the log book and share your experience with others.
4. Be prepared - bring a bottle of water and wear sunscreen. if you have a trinket to trade bring an item and trade it for a trinket in the cache.
Collingwood Health Kids Community Challenge Geocaching Resources
Track your progress with our geocaching passport.