Job #2016-46: Water Treatment Operator, Level 1
Date posted: January 4, 2017
Closing date: January 23, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Job type: Full-Time
Wage rate: $31.31/hour
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, normally Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with rotating on-call hours as well as emergency responses.
Start date: February 2017
The Water Treatment Operator, Level 1 performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties in the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant and facilities; this level may be expected to train less experienced staff.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Ontario Secondary School diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid Water Treatment Certificate corresponding to position level (e.g., incumbent with a WT1 certificate is an Operator, Level 1) – objective is to obtain certification as an Operator, Level 3.
3. Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical system, pumps, blowers, valves, diesel generators, SCADA monitoring and control.
4. Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
5. Valid Class “G” driver’s licence in good standing.
6. Must attend and re-certify as required all relevant in-services training regarding occupational health and safety, such as; WHMIS, first aid, CPR . Must be trained in confined space procedures and use and containment of all hazardous chemicals used. Must be trained in the use of all safety equipment including self-contained breathing apparatus, oxygen detection meter, blower, respirator, etc.
7. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
8. Meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required duties.
9. Must desire and have the ability to be a team player, be self motivated and communicative.