Date Posted: January 4, 2017
Closing date: January 30, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Full-Time
Wage range: $76,031.37 to $92,383.20 (2016 rates)
Hours of work: Normal hours of work will be 35 hours per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; attendance at occasional evening meetings, events, perform system upgrades or to provide support and the expectation to respond to urgent matters (e.g., system interruptions, troubleshooting) as required
Start date: March 2017
Responsible for the planning, design and operation of the Town’s Information Technology (IT) infrastructure and applications, administrator for the Town’s network, systems, telecommunications and peripherals. Manages the provision of technical support and customer service to end-users on software and hardware related problems. Assumes overall responsibility for software and hardware deployments and assists with various projects as required. Oversees the IT division including a Systems Support position and a GIS position.
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Degree / diploma in Information Technology or a related discipline; or an acceptable combination of education and relevant extensive experience.
2. Additional certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, or A+ technologies are highly preferred.
3. Seven (7) years of progressive experience which includes responsibility for networks and server infrastructure and the associated core business applications.
4. Knowledge of common office applications such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe Suite and the ability to provide support to end users.
5. Knowledge of computer operating systems, particularly Windows server and desktop as well as virtual server technologies.
6. Problem solving and critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and determine steps necessary to achieve an effective solution.
7. Ability to communicate effectively to users with varying levels of computer understanding.
8. Strong customer service skills and the ability to plan and prioritize system upgrades and client requests.
9. Availability to attend after hours support as scheduled and troubleshooting and/or meetings/events during evenings and/or weekends as required.
10. Class G Driver’s License in good standing, and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
11. Possess Police Information Check with results satisfactory to the Town.
12. Possess valid standard first aid with CPR / AED Level “C” certificate.