Date Posted: January 9, 2017
Closing date: January 23, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Wage range: $46,373.75 to $56,347.20 per year (2016 rates)
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, with some evening and/or weekend requirements to attend special events, functions and meetings
Start date: February 2017
Provides administrative support to the Parks, Recreation, and Culture Department which includes preparing and editing documents, correspondence, reports, agreements and contracts, preparing presentation information and assisting in its delivery, distributing meeting agendas and minutes, processing invoices, responding to enquiries, scheduling appointments, making arrangements for meetings and amenities, mail sorting and distribution, record/file maintenance, and the performance of other support duties as assigned. Experience with purchasing and/or finance would be an asset as this position coordinates purchasing activities within the department.
Experience and Qualifications
1. OSSD or equivalent, with business and computer courses, together with one (1) year of related business experience, preferably in a recreational and/or municipal environment.
2. Working knowledge of leisure services/recreational functions, activities and procedures; Microsoft Windows and Office applications; Class recreational computer application;and office equipment.
3. Experience with purchasing and/or finance would be an asset.
4. Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, with the ability to maintain confidentiality and to multi-task.
5. High standard of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
6. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
8. Possess Vulnerable Sector Check with results satisfactory to the Town.