Collingwood Elvis Festival COMPETITIVE Tribute Artist Registration
This form should only be filled out and submitted by COMPETITIVE Tribute Artists wishing to participate in the 2017 Collingwood Elvis Festival taking place July 28-30.
There is a new process for registerting to compete at the Collingwood Elvis Festival in 2017. Registrations will be accepted between January 23rd and March 26th at 6pm, 2017. See below for the updated process.
STEP ONE - AUDITION VIDEO SUBMISSION:
Submit a video of you performing two (2) Elvis songs - one up tempo and one slow ballad, in costume, reflecting the Elvis category within which you are entering to compete. (i.e. Early Years - 1950-1968; Concert Years 1969-1977; perform the correct songs from the correct era)
A. Your video must include a personal introduction by you, stating the following information for the judges:
i. Your name, verbally and spelled out clearly
ii. Where you are from
iii. Name two (2) vocal competitions, of any kind, that you have participated in over the past two years, and where these contests were held. Whether or not you won is not relevant to us.
iv. Titles of both Elvis songs in order of performance
v. Where your audition performance(s) were recorded (e.g. bar, home, friend's basement, charity event, competition, festival)
vi. Your division and category being selected:
DIVISION: Professional, Non-profressional, or Youth
ADULT CATEGORY: Early Years or Concert Years
YOUTH CATEGORY: Junior (ages 3-10) or Senior (ages 11-17)
B. Submit your video via the dropbox link provided in the registration form below.
It is your responsibility to send a follow-up email to ensure we received your submission.
C. All submissions received will be judged by a panel and you will be notified via email the week of April 10th if you have been selected to advance to the live competition rounds.
D. Your video can be a live band performance or a background track performance. Private performance(s), YouTube or contest footage is acceptable for uploading.
No vocally eliminated songs are permitted. Ensure the quality and volume of your video allows the judges to hear you.
E. The performance video(s) submitted must be within the past five (5) years. It is your responsibility to ensure the sound and visuals are of reasonable clear quality for the judges.
STEP TWO - PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEE:
Payment can only be made by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit cards. No other payment options are available in 2017. Your registration payment will be held by the Town of Collingwood and will be processed ONLY if you are selected to advance to the live rounds as a competitor.
The payment will be applied the week of April 17th so please ensure credit card funds are available.
If your payment is declined, you will forfeit your position to another competitor. There will be no second chances for payment.
STEP THREE - COMPETITION SONG SELECTION:
You will need to select your song(s) carefully for the Qualifying Round as you will now be judged in the Awesome Street Party as your Qualifying competition. Select your three choices and be prepared to sing any of those three selections. No changes to songs will be permitted once you are selected as a competitor.
Additional instructions will be sent to you to pre-select your Semi-Final songs after you are a confirmed competitor.
Grand Final songs will be chosen on-site, with you and the Musical Director Marco Spadafora, if you have moved on as a Finalist.
There are some changes to the format in 2017. Please review.
Number of Competitors: The number of competitors has been substantially reduced in 2017 to allow more time for competition and to fine tune our programming. From the video submissions received:
- Four (4) Juniors and four (4) Seniors will advance from the Youth Division
- Twelve (12) Early Years competitors and twelve (12) Concert Years competitors will advance from the Non-Professional Division
- Fourteen (14) Early Years competitors and fourteen (14) Concert Years competitors will advance from the Professional Division
Competition Rounds: New in 2017, the Qualifying Round will be conducted during the Friday Awesome Street Party on the Festival Centre Stage, Hurontario Street, while the Semi-Finals and Grand Finals will be held in the Eddie Bush Memorial Arena at 97 Hurontario Street and will be performed with live band accompaniment. No background tracks are permitted for any round of regular competition.
- Qualifying Round - Friday, July 28th, 12noon-7:00pm during the Awesome Street Party. All 60 competitors must appear.
- Semi-Finals - Saturday, July 29th, 11am-5:30pm. Adult competitors only. PRO 14 (7E/7C) and NP 12 (6E/6C)
- Grand Finals - Sunday, July 30th, 2pm-6pm. PRO 10 (5E/5C), NP 6 (3E/3C), and YOUTH 6 (3J/3S)
Prize Money: Total prize money paid out will be $31,000. All finalists receive a trophy.
- Professional Division (each category) - 1st $5000, 2nd $2000, 3rd $1000, 4th $500, 5th $200
- Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest representative (Professional with highest overall score) - Additional $5000
- Non-Professional Division (each category) - 1st $1500, 2nd $1000, 3rd $500
- Youth Senior - 1st $500, 2nd $250, 3rd $150
- Youth Junior - 1st $200, 2nd $150, 3rd $100
- Inspirational Elvis Gospel Contest (by invitation only) - 1st $1000, 2nd trophy only, 3rd trophy only
- Canadian Star Challenge (contact the Festival office for entry details) - 1st $250
Personal Expenses: Travel, accommodations and meals are your responsibility to secure and pay at your own expense. Dinner Host 15% discounts will be available at participating restaurants for Tribute Artist meals but the discount does not apply to alcohol, or to the meals of anyone other than the Tribute Artist. The Tribute Artist must be present at time of payment. A discounted accommodation rate may be available to REGISTERED Tribute Artists. The group code is provided by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 705-444-2500 x3279.