Date Posted: March 20, 2017
Closing date: April 10, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Full-Time
Wage range: $75,273 to 91,462 per year
Hours of work: Normal hours of work will be 40 hours per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with required on-call hours as well as emergency responses; flexibility in scheduling is necessary and the availability to change shifts, work evening, weekend or holiday hours or to work overtime as required/assigned
Start date: June 2017
Under the direction of the Manager of Recreation Facilities, the Supervisor is responsible for providing assistance in managing the operations of the Town of Collingwood recreation facilities. The Supervisor will ensure all activities comply with operating policies and standards, regulations and certification requirements and is responsible to maintain a preventative maintenance system for all facilities. The Supervisor will manage all Recreation Facilities staff, including determining workloads and schedules. The Supervisor will maintain effective working relationships with the public, contractors, and staff and respond to issues concerning the maintenance and operation of the facilities and equipment.
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Post Secondary Diploma in facility operations and maintenance or the equivalency in education and experience is required
2. Minimum three (3) years’ experience in arena and pool facility management and operations; experience in municipal administration preferred.
3. Technical knowledge of refrigeration plants, mechanical systems, swimming pools, building maintenance and operations is required.
4. Pool Operator certification, Refrigeration Class ‘B’ and/or Certified Ice Technician, Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C, Propane Handling and WHMIS
5. Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and current Driver’s Abstract satisfactory to the Town.
6. Working knowledge of ice maintenance and equipment operation, Occupational Health and Safety Act, departmental policies and procedures, basicbuilding maintenance, Windows Microsoft Office applications, and office equipment.
7. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills, ability to work constructively in a team environment or act independently as required, and to deal effectively and courteously in all aspects of the position.
8. Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position.
9. Police Information Check satisfactory to the Town.