What is a Zoning By-law Amendment?

If you want to use or develop your property in a way that is not allowed by the Zoning By-law, you may have to apply for a zoning change, also known as a zoning by-law amendment or a rezoning. Council may consider a rezoning application if the new use is in conformity with the Official Plan. If it is not in conformity with the Official Plan, an Official Plan Amendment would also be required. Before you apply for rezoning, you should talk to Planning Services staff for advice and information. You are required to complete an application form which contains information prescribed by the Minister and any other additional information that the Town of Collingwood may require. You can find the application online here or at Planning Services.