How do I know whether or not I need to contact Planning Services when I am making changes on my property?

The Town of Collingwood Planning Services should be contacted when you need answers relating to the use of your property, particularly when that use may involve Zoning By-laws. Some examples where changes to property relate to Zoning By-laws are:

  1. If you want to sever your property or build or do an addition to your existing building,
  2. If you want to change the use on your subject property from one zoning classification (i.e. residential) to another (i.e. commercial).