May I create additional dwelling units (apartments) within by existing house?

Town of Collingwood Planning Services should be consulted (705) 445-1290 Ext. 3269 to ensure the use is permitted and whether the existing building and property will comply with all the zoning requirements. This may include providing sufficient parking. A Building Permit will also be required and existing sanitary and water services need to be verified.  Please contact the Building Department at (705) 445-1030 Ext. 3243 for permit requirements. 

The allowance of an apartment depends on the zoning of the subject lands. If an apartment is permitted in your zone then you must obtain a building permit. Please refer to General Provision 4.40 of the the Town Zoning By-law for more details.