This checklist has been provided to assist in summarizing the typical requirements to obtain a demolition permit in the Town of Collingwood. Additional information may be required as needed depending on the application type and individual circumstances.
A demolition permit is not required where the demolition is part of work under the scope of a renovation permit.
|All Other Buildings 18.104.22.168.(1) OBC||$353.17|
|Building Located on a Property subject to the Heritage Act||$2,354.46|
- Submit the complete permit application and all supporting documents using the Public Portal.
- You must register prior to using the Public Portal.
- Follow the steps when completing your application.
- Credit card payment will be required to pay your fees.
- When your application is successfully submitted through the Public Portal, Staff will complete a pre-screen of your application to review for completeness, compliance with the Building Code and Applicable Law. A status update will be sent via email within mandated timelines.
- You may also view the status under "My Items" on the Public Portal.
- Application review comments are provided during the review to identify any outstanding requirements and to summarize permit fees.
- Permit issued when review is complete and all fees are paid.
The Ontario Building Code turnaround timeframes for the first review of a complete application:
Complete Applications: 10 Business Days
Incomplete Applications: >15 Business Days
Factors Delaying Permit Processing Time
- Incomplete Demolition Clearance Form.
- Demolishing a building listed on the Town’s heritage inventory or within the Collingwood Heritage District.
- Additional review may be necessary if revisions are requested by your Building Inspector due to incomplete, non-compliant, or unclear information.