This checklist and sample drawings have been provided to assist in summarizing the typical requirements to obtain a demolition permit in the Town of Collingwood. Additional information may be required as needed depending on the application type and individual circumstances.
A demolition permit is not required where the demolition is part of work under the scope of a renovation permit.
Drawings are not required for a complete demolition and removal of a house or residential building.
A demolition permit is not required where the demolition is part of work under a renovation permit.
This is the standard building permit application form for all building permits.
This form is to be used only where the Owner is not the Applicant.
This checklist summarizes the most common approvals required
This form summarizes the approvals required prior to the issuance of a demolition permit.
In many instances before a demolition permit application can be issued, there are approvals from other agencies that may be required. These approvals are not administered by Building Services.
Please ensure all required approvals are complete prior to submitting your application using the
Abandoned wells shall be decommissioned in accordance to Ontario’s Well Regulations, Reg. 903 of the Ontario Water Resources Act. Contact the Ministry of Environment at 1-800-565-4923 or visit MOE website. The abandonment of private septic system requires that the septic tank be pumped out, crushed and and/ or removed.
CALL OR CLICK BEFORE YOU DIG
All gas, electrical and other services that may endanger persons who have access to a building or structure shall be shut off and disconnected before, and shall remain shut off and disconnected, during the demolition, dismantling, or moving of the building or structure in accordance to Section 214(3) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
|All Other Buildings 188.8.131.52.(1) OBC||$309.90|
|Building Located on Property subject to the Heritage Act||$2,066.00|
- Submit the complete demolition permit application and all supporting documents using the e-Permit Service. An automatic email will be sent to you once you submit the e-Permit application.
- Staff will complete a pre-screen of the application to review for completeness, compliance with the Building Code and Applicable Law. A status update will be sent via email within mandated timelines.
- Application review comments are provided during review to identify any outstanding requirements and to summarize permit fees.
- Permit issued when review is complete and all fees are paid.
The Ontario Building Code turnaround timeframes for the first review of a complete application:
Complete Applications 10 Business Days
Incomplete Applications >15 Business Days
Factors Delaying Permit Processing Time
- Incomplete Demolition Clearance Form
- Demolishing a building listed on the Town’s heritage inventory or within the Collingwood Heritage District.
- Additional review may be necessary if revisions are requested by your Building Inspector due to incomplete, non-compliant, or unclear information.