Backflow Prevention Devices
The information below has been provided to assist in summarizing the typical requirements to obtain a building permit for a Backflow Prevention Device within the Town of Collingwood. Additional information may be required depending on the application type and individual circumstances.
Also refer to the Backflow Prevention Program section on our website.
This is the standard building permit application form for all building permits.
This form is to be used only where the Owner is not the Applicant.
- Backflow Prevention device specifications: manufacturer, model name and details.
- Drawings of the building are not required.
Building Permit Fee: $103.30 Flat Fee
- Submit the complete permit application and all supporting documents using the e-Permit Service. An automatic email will be sent to you once you submit the e-Permit application.
- Staff will complete a pre-screen of the application to review for completeness, compliance with the Building Code and Applicable Law. A status update will be sent via email within mandated timelines.
- Application review comments are provided during review to identify any outstanding requirements and to summarize permit fees.
- Permit issued when review is complete and all fees are paid.
The Ontario Building Code turnaround timeframes for the first review of a complete application:
Complete Applications 10 Business Days
Incomplete Applications >15 Business Days
Please DO NOT include any personal information on your Building Plans (e.g., the homeowner’s name or phone number). Building Plans submitted for Permit are subject to disclosure in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).