Swimming Pool Enclosures
The owner of a privately owned outdoor swimming pool shall erect and maintain an enclosure surrounding the entire swimming pool area and sufficient to make such body of water not readily accessible to small children, conforming to By-law No. 91-42.
A permit is required for the pool encloure ("fence") prior to installing a swimming pool or replacing an existing enclosure.
A site plan showing:
- pool and property dimensions;
- distances to the house and lot lines;
- location of any doors and windows in the house adjacent to the pool area; and
- location and height of proposed fence.
A flat fee of $115.00
- Submit the complete permit application and all supporting documents using the Public Portal.
- You must register prior to using the Public Portal
- Follow the steps when completing your application.
- Credit card payment will be required to pay your fees
- When your application is successfully submitted through the Public Portal, Staff will complete a pre-screen of your application to review for completeness, compliance with the Town of Collingwood Pool Enclosure By-law No. 91-42. and Applicable Law. A status update will be sent via email within mandated timelines.
- You may also view the status under "My Items" on the Public Portal
- Application review comments are provided during review to identify any outstanding requirements and to summarize permit fees.
- Permit issued when review is complete and all fees are paid.