Swimming Pool Enclosures
The owner of a privately owned outdoor swimming pool shall erect and maintain an enclosure surrounding the entire swimming pool area and sufficient to make such body of water not readily accessible to small children, conforming to By-law No. 91-42.
A permit is required for the pool enclosure ("fence") prior to installing a swimming pool or replacing an existing enclosure.
The list of documents below contains pertinent information you must consult in coordination when applying for a pool permit from Building Services.
The permit fee is $119.50
- Submit the complete permit application and all supporting documents using the Public Portal.
- You must register prior to using the Public Portal.
- Follow the steps when completing your application.
- Credit card payment will be required to pay related fees.
- When the application is successfully submitted through the Public Portal, Staff will complete a pre-screen of the application to review it for completeness, and compliance with the Town of Collingwood Pool Enclosure By-law No. 91-42., as well as Applicable Law. A status update will be sent via email within mandated timelines.
- The status of an application can be found under the "My Items" section of the Public Portal.
- Application review comments are provided during the review to identify any outstanding requirements and to summarize permit fees.
- A permit is issued when the review is complete and all fees are paid.