Swimming Pool Enclosures
The owner of a privately owned outdoor swimming pool shall erect and maintain an enclosure surrounding the entire swimming pool area and sufficient to make such body of water not readily accessible to small children, conforming to By-law No. 91-42.
A permit is required for the pool encloure ("fence") prior to installing a swimming pool or replacing an existing enclosure.
This is the standard building permit application form for all building permits and pool enclosure permits.
This form is to be used only where the Owner is not the Applicant.
This checklist summarizes the most common approvals required
A site plan showing:
- pool and property dimensions;
- distances to the house and lot lines;
- location of any doors and windows in the house adjacent to the pool area; and
- location and height of proposed fence.
In many instances before a building permit application can be processed and a permit issued, there are approvals from other agencies that may be required. These approvals are not administered by Building Services. Please ensure all required approvals are complete prior to submitting your application using the Applicable Law Checklist:
CALL OR CLICK BEFORE YOU DIG
All gas, electrical and other services that may endanger persons who have access to a building or structure shall be shut off and disconnected before, and shall remain shut off and disconnected, during the demolition, dismantling, or moving of the building or structure in accordance to Section 214(3) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
A flat fee of $102.00
- Submit the complete permit application and all supporting documents using the Public Portal.
- You must register prior to using the Public Portal
- Follow the steps when completing your application.
- Credit card payment will be required to pay your fees
- When your application is successfully submitted through the Public Portal, Staff will complete a pre-screen of your application to review for completeness, compliance with the Town of Collingwood Pool Enclosure By-law No. 91-42. and Applicable Law. A status update will be sent via email within mandated timelines.
- You may also view the status under "My Items" on the Public Portal
- Application review comments are provided during review to identify any outstanding requirements and to summarize permit fees.
- Permit issued when review is complete and all fees are paid.