Town of Collingwood Official Plan
About Official Plans
An official plan describes your upper, lower or single tier municipal council or planning board's policies on how land in your community should be used. It is prepared with input from your community and helps to ensure that future planning and development will meet the specific needs of your community.
An official plan deals mainly with issues such as:
- where new housing, industry, offices and shops will be located
- what services like roads, watermains, sewers, parks and schools will be needed
- when, and in what order, parts of your community will grow
- community improvement initiatives
Why the Town needs an Official Plan
The Town's official plan:
- makes the public aware of the municipality's general land use planning policies
- makes sure that growth is coordinated and meets our community’s needs
- helps all members of our community understand how their land may be used now and in the future
- helps decide where roads, watermains, sewers, garbage dumps, parks, and other services will be built
- provides a framework for establishing municipal zoning bylaws to set local regulations and standards, like the size of lots and height of buildings
- provides a way to evaluate and settle conflicting land uses while meeting local, regional and, provincial interests
- shows Council's commitment to the future growth of the community
The above description is taken from the Province of Ontario Website and a "Citizen's Guide to Land Use Planning".
Official Plan Update
The New Official Plan will not come into effect until it is approved by the County of Simcoe. Until then, the 2004 Official Plan remains in effect.
The Foreword including Appeal Dispositions, Non-Decision disposition status, and up to 2019 Specific Amendments, are located in the Official Plan January 2019 Foreward.
The Foreword must be considered when accessing the Official Plan for the Town of Collingwood.
The various schedules can be downloaded separately:
- A: Land Use Plan Map
- A1: The Shipyards Land Use Plan Map
- A2: Land Use Plan Detail
- B: Environmental Protection Map
- B1: Black Ash Creek Special Policy Area Map
- C: Residential Density Plan Map
- D: Transportation Plan Map
- D1: Collingwood Trail System Map
- E: Municipal Services Areas Map
- E1: Municipal Water and Sewage Services Map
- F: Urban Structure
Site Specific Amendments to be Consolidated into the 2019 Version and therefore the amendments are listed below with their information.