D084418, 295 Mountain Rd., Panorama North, Zoning By-law Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision, Appealed to The Ontario Land Tribunal
Owner: Todco Investments
Applicant: Ted North(295 Mountain Road) Ltd.
Agent: Plan Wells, Shelly Wells
Appealed to the Ontario Land Tribunal. The information is contained in the accordion below.
Description: This development proposal includes applications for draft approval of a Plan of Subdivision and an associated implementing Zoning By-law Amendment in support of a new residential subdivision consisting of a mix of 550-600 single detached, townhouse, stacked townhouse, and apartment dwelling units, parkland, trails, a stormwater management pond, and a potential elementary school site.
Please Note: Official Plan Amendment request withdrawn January 2023
May 15, 2023 Committee of the Whole
Register for Council Meetings and Agendas
Subscribe to receive an automated email with meeting agendas.
Appealed to the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT).
The OLT Number is OLT-23-000707 this takes you directly to the Case Status Page.
The event will be held
AT: 10:00 a.m.
ON: November 3, 2023
Access code: 914-098-901
(updated October 6, 2023)
- Draft Zoning By-Law
- Draft Zoning Schedule
- Panorama Functional Servicing and Stormwater Management Report for Ted North (295 Mountain Road) Ltd. Prepared by Tatham Engineering, March 26, 2020;
- Geotechnical Investigation Proposed Panorama North Residential Development 295 Mountain Road Collingwood Ontario for Ted North (295 Mountain Road) Ltd. prepared by Peto MacCallum Ltd., February 2020;
- Panorama North Town of Collingwood, Traffic Impact Study prepared by C.C. Tatham and Associates Ltd., Consulting Engineers, November 16, 2018
- D4 Guideline Study 295 Mountain Road prepared by GHD Group Ltd., February, 2020, revised to May 10, 2020;
- Panorama North Urban Design Guidelines prepared by GSP Group, December 2020
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment, Vacant Lot, Part of Lot 45, Concession 11, Town of Collingwood, Ontario prepared by Conestoga Rovers and Associates, February 2006
- Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment, 295 Mountain Road, Collingwood, Ontario prepared by GHD Group Ltd., February 10, 2021;
- Risk Evaluation, 295 Mountain Road, Collingwood, Ontario prepared by GHD Group Ltd., February 10, 2021;
- Panorama North Town of Collingwood, Regional Stormwater Management Report prepared by C.C. Tatham and Associates Ltd., Consulting Engineers, November 20, 2018
- Regional Stormwater Management Report prepared by Tatham Engineering Ltd., March 9, 2020
- Pond Layout Drawing, prepared by Tatham Engineering Ltd. (Tatham), January 2020
- Road Traffic and Stationary Noise Impact Study Proposed residential Development – 295 Mountain Road, Collingwood Ontario prepared by GHD Group Ltd., March 9, 2020;
- Environmental Dust and Odour Feasibility Study, 295 Mountain Road, Collingwood, Ontario prepared by GHD Group Limited, November 16, 2018
(Panorama North, edited April 21, 2023)
Take notice that the that the Town of Collingwood Council passed By-law No. 2023-053 on June 5, 2023, under Section 34 of the Planning Act.
Zoning By-law Amendment is to rezone the property from a few existing second and third-density residential, local convenience commercial, and recreation zones (R2, R3 C6 and REC respectively) to zones reflecting the configuration, uses, densities, and major urban design features associated with a 550-600 dwelling unit subdivision proposal. The new subdivision proposes 126 single detached dwellings, 424-474 multi-unit residential dwelling units (e.g., townhouses, stacked townhouses, and apartments), a potential elementary school, a stormwater management pond, a park, a hydro substation, and a few public roads and trails. The new zones would include: Residential Third Density Exception Sixty-Six (R3-66), Residential Third Density Exception Sixty-Seven (R3-67), Residential Third Density Exception Sixty-Eight (R3-68), Residential Third Density Sixty-Nine (R3-69), Residential Third Density Exception Seventy (R3-70, Recreation (REC), Environmental Protection (EP), Community Services Exception Ten (CS-10) Zones. Holding provisions would be applicable to all the zones (Holding Twenty-Four (H24)) to address needed site remediation, servicing capacity allocation, mitigation of impacts from the County landfill to the north, and in the case of the potential elementary school block, an additional provision to address release of the block for residential uses if the school is not needed (Holding Twenty-Five (H25)).
All written and oral submissions received in response to the application were considered in making an informed recommendation and decision as summarized in Staff Report P2023-15
An appeal of the decision of the Town of Collingwood Council to the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) must be filed with the Town of Collingwood no later than 20 days after the date of this notice. The last date of appeal is July 5, 2023. The appeal package should be sent to the attention of the Clerk, Town of Collingwood, P.O. Box 157, 97 Hurontario Street, Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3Z5. The appeal must set out the reasons for the appeal and be accompanied by the fee required by the Tribunal as prescribed under the Ontario Land Tribunal Act. A copy of the appeal form is available on the Tribunal’s website: https://olt.gov.on.ca/appeals-process/forms/
Only individuals, corporations and public bodies may appeal a by-law to the OLT. A notice of appeal may not be filed by an unincorporated association or group. However, a notice of appeal may be filed in the name of an individual who is a member of the association or group on its behalf.
No person or public body shall be added as a party to the hearing of the appeal unless, before the by-law was passed, the person or public body made oral submissions at a public meeting or written submissions to the council or, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.
- Notice of Passing of a Zoning By-Law Amendment for 25 Mountain Road, Panorama North
- Zoning By-law Number 2023-53
- Schedule A for the Zoning By-Law Number 2023-53
(updated June 16, 2023)