Canopy | Community Forest Project
The Town of Collingwood is pleased to introduce Canopy Collingwood- a community forest project aimed at increasing the Town's urban tree canopy on private lands. This program is made possible by the very generous donation of Julie DiLorenzo.
Collingwood residents will be provided a financial incentive in the form of a rebate on the cost to purchase up to two trees from a recognized nursery or garden centre operation. Native species to the Collingwood area are preferred for the program, however not mandatory for the rebate.
Collingwood residents who purchase a tree before July 1, 2021 will be eligible to receive 50% of the cost in the form of a rebate from the Town. The maximum rebate per tree amount is $150.
For example, the purchase of a $100 tree will allow the purchaser to receive a $50 rebate. Purchasing a $350 tree will allow the purchaser to receive a $150 rebate. The purchase excludes any taxes and other charges.
Deadline for online applications for Phase 1 is Thursday July 1, 2021- don't miss out!
Phase 2 of the program will launch in September for Fall planting.
Looking to donate to Collingwood's Tree Canopy Program?
Join Julie DiLorenzo as a contributor to the benefits provided by trees including: carbon capture, support for stormwater management, shade, habitats, food, improved soil conditions and many more.
- Program applies to Collingwood residents for planting on a property within the Town of Collingwood
- All trees must be planted on private property, in rear yard only
- Eligibility for rebate is two trees per property
- Application and required documents will be submitted on the Online Public Portal through the Town’s Website
- Apply before July 1, 2021 to receive your rebate
- Required documents include: online application form, copy of receipt, picture of planted tree, authorization if required
- Condo residents may apply for the rebate if they have written authorization from the condominium corporation
- Tenants may apply for the rebate if they have written authorization from the homeowner
- Be sure to check out the preferred native tree list
- Rebate cheques will be mailed out at the end of the month
- The trees planted will be the sole responsibility of the owner/tenant
- All residents must call Ontario OneCall prior to digging and planting
- No refunds will be issued for the rebate program
- Don't have access to a computer or smartphone? Contact Amanda Norris for alternative arrangements 705-445-1030 ext. 3236 or by email at email@example.com
Where to Plant
What to Plant
Purchase your Tree
- Name of Nursery
- Tree Species Name
- Date of Purchase
Dial Before Dig
Take a Picture
How to Apply for the Rebate:
- Create an account/Login to https://cvportal.collingwood.ca/portal
- In the drop down list for application type, choose 'residential backyard tree rebate program'
- Fill in the required information in the tree rebate application.
- Upload a copy of your receipt and picture of your planted tree
- If you are a tenant, you are required to provide authorization from the property owner and upload documentation containing this authorization. If you own the property you can skip this step.
- Submit application
- You will receive an email confirmation once your application has been approved. Cheques will be mailed out at the end of month.
For More Information
If you require assistance with the online portal or would like more information on the program, please contact Amanda Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org