Collingwood Heritage Committee
The Collingwood Heritage Committee is made of five members of the community who are appointed by the Town of Collingwood Council to advise them on matters relating to heritage. The Committee is administered through Planning Services. Committee terms are generally three years in length, with eligibility for reappointment. The Committee is involved in several heritage-related initiatives such as a heritage e-newsletter, heritage grants, heritage awards, and heritage permits.
Key Qualifications and Eligibility Requirements of Citizen Members include:
- must be eligible to vote in the Town of Collingwood municipal election;
- citizen members should represent a following skill sets and/or interest areas:
- Heritage conservation, historical research, historical building materials and techniques;
- demonstrated leadership (mandatory for chair); and
- good communication skills, demonstrate initiative, and a positive attitude.
The interactive heritage properties map shows the boundary of the Downtown Heritage Conservation District and other individual properties which are designated under the Ontario Heritage Act. Please note that all properties within the boundary of the Downtown Heritage Conservation District are designated.
To conserve the cultural heritage value of the Downtown Heritage Conservation District and other designated properties, do not make any exterior alterations including painting without first contacting email@example.com to find out if you require a Heritage Permit.
Visit the Heritage Collingwood page for additional information including how to apply for a Heritage Permit, rebate programs, and application forms.
Current Committee Membership
- Cathy De Ruiter, Co-Chair
- Jennifer Knight, Co-Chair
- David Jefferies, Vice Chair
- Margaret Adolphe
- Sally Potts
- Lynda Conway, BIA Representative (non-voting)
- Margaret Mooy, ACO Representative (non-voting)
- Justin Teakle - MCIP, RPP, Senior Planner (Heritage)
Hybrid committee meetings are held at the Collingwood Public Library and Zoom webinar. The Committee generally meets on the first Thursday of each month at 10:00 a.m.