Heritage Week is every February - Ontario Heritage Trust
The Collingwood Heritage Committee is made of seven members of the community appointed by the Town of Collingwood Council to advise them on matters relating to heritage. The Committee is administered through Planning Services. The Collingwood Heritage Conservation District Map includes the individual properties which are designated under the Ontario Heritage Act. Committee terms are generally three years in length, with eligibility for reappointment. The Committee is involved in several heritage-related initiatives such as the semi-annual heritage newsletter, heritage grants, heritage awards, and heritage permits. To preserve the Heritage District Properties and designated properties, do not make alterations, or paint a heritage building, or an adjoining building to the district, without contacting email@example.com Visit the Heritage Website www.heritagecollingwood.com for specific property information grant guidelines, how to apply for a permit, as well as the newsletters and award program.
Current Committee Membership:
Cathy De Ruiter, Chair
David Jefferies, Vice Chair
Vacancy, BIA Representative (non-voting)
Margaret Mooy, ACO Representative (non-voting)
Staff Resources: Justin Teakle, MCIP, RPP, Land Use Planner, and Stefanie Hochrein, Administrative Coordinator
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, committee meetings will be held by Zoom webinar rather than in person for the foreseeable future. Links to join each webinar can be found on the corresponding agenda on the Town's Meeting Portal. The Committee generally meets on the third Monday of each month at 10:00 a.m. virtually.
To access information regarding Heritage Guidelines and processes visit www.heritagecollingwood.com or request information by email firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Committee Secretary, Stefanie Hochrein. Changes may not be made to a Heritage building without contacting staff resources.
- Upon registration, the public portal allows users to upload heritage permits, grant applications, and tax refunds. Users may add pdf files and photos (.jpg or .png) to the proposal.
- Heritage Grant Program, fillable application form. The eligibility criteria and application process are outlined in the Collingwood Heritage Committee Grant Guidelines, available at www.heritagecollingwood.com. Below are links of interest regarding Heritage..
- Heritage Property Tax Refund
- Heritage Permit
- Heritage Newsletters - Past editions
- Heritage Conservation Districts in Ontario
- Architectural Conservancy
- Recorded Council meetings - Past meetings
- CHC Heritage Week Presentations - Past presentations
- Architectural Conservatory of Ontario Presentations - Past presentations
Justin Teakle, Planner, Land Use Planner
Town of Collingwood, Municipal Offices
55 Ste. Marie Street, Unit 302
Collingwood ON L9Y 0W6
705-445-1290 Ext. 3270