Police Services Board
Police services in the Town are provided by the Ontario Provincial Police pursuant to an agreement between the Town and the Province. Policing is carried out under the direction of the local Detachment Commander.
The Police Services Board consists of five members, three appointed by the Town and two appointed by the Province. The responsibilities of the Board are established by the Police Services Act and are generally described as follows:
- To determine objectives and priorities for police services, after consultation with the Detachment Commander;
- To establish local policies for police services, after consultation with the Detachment Commander;
- To monitor the performance of the Detachment Commander;
- To receive reports from the Detachment Commander on any secondary activities by police officers in the detachment;
- To review the Detachment Commander's administration of the complaints system established by the Police Services Act for dealing with complaints made by any member of the public about the policies of or the services provided by the police force.
Meetings of the Board are at the call of the Chair and are held at the Town offices. Notice of meetings is published with all meetings are open to the public and are generally offered in a hybrid meeting format offering both remote and in-person participation. Links to join a meeting can be found on the corresponding agenda on the Town's Meeting Portal website.
Collingwood Police Services Board
Claire Tucker Reid (Municipal Appointment), Chair
Councillor Kathy Jeffery, Vice-Chair
Mayor Yvonne Hamlin
Erika Pothe (Provincial Appointment)
Vacant Provincial Appointment
Detachment Commander: Loris Licharson
Staff Resources: Sonya Skinner, CAO & Board Secretary
To obtain Police Services: Contact Ontario Provincial Police-Collingwood and the Blue Mountains Detachment
Crisis Phone: 9-1-1
Office Phone: (705) 445-4321
Fax: (705) 445-7024