Police Services Board
Police services in the Town are provided by the Ontario Provincial Police pursuant to an agreement between the Town and the Province.
Policing is carried out under the direction of the local Detachment Commander.
The Police Services Board consists of five members, three appointed by the Town and two appointed by the Province. To apply to be a member of the Board, please complete the required application form “Recruitment and Selection – Committee/Local Committee Appointments”. The responsibilities of the Board are established by the Police Services Act and are generally descibed as follows:
- To determine objectives and priorities for police services, after consultation with the Detachment Commander;
- To establish local policies for police services, after consultation with the Detachment Commander;
- To monitor the performance of the Detachment Commander;
- To receive reports from the Detachment Commander on any secondary activities by police officers in the detachment;
- To review the Detachment Commander's administration of the complaints system established by the Police Services Act for dealing with complaints made by any member of the public about the policies of or the services provided by the police force.
Meetings of the Board are at the call of the Chair and are held at the Town offices. Notice of meetings is published; all meetings are open to the public.
|Collingwood Police Services Board||Board Secretary|
|Krista Walcroft, Acting Chair (Provincial Appointment)||Sara Almas, Clerk|
|vacant (Provincial Appointment)|
|Donna Wilson (Municipal Appointment)|
|Mayor Brian Saunderson||Detachment Commander|
|Councillor Kathy Jeffery||Mary Shannon, Inspector|
To obtain Police Services: Contact Ontario Provincial Police-Collingwod and the Blue Mountains Detachment
Crisis Phone: 9-1-1
Office Phone: (705) 445-4321
Fax: (705) 445-7024