Trails & Active Transportation Advisory Committee
The Trails & Active Transportation Advisory Committee fosters ongoing stewardship of Collingwood’s multi-use pathways, trails, on-road bicycle lanes/routes/connections in cooperation with the Engineering Services and Parks, Recreation and Culture (PRC) staff plus the Accessibility Advisory Committee.
The Trails & Active Transportation Advisory Committee is responsible for providing recommendations to the Corporate and Community Services Standing Committee on the development of policies and programs in the area of Active Transportation and Active Transportation Networks, in accordance with approved corporate strategic objectives.
The Committee is composed of nine (9) voting citizen members, a staff resource and recording secretary. The term of a member is generally for three years, with eligibility for reappointment.
Key Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements of Citizen Members include:
- Must be eligible to vote in the Town of Collingwood municipal election;
- Citizen members should represent the following skill sets and/or interest areas: Youth, seniors, persons with disabilities, natural heritage/environmental protection, arts, culture, sports, active living, public health representative, school board representatives;
- Demonstrated leadership (mandatory for chair); and
- Good communication skills, demonstrate initiative, and positive attitude.
Current Committee Members
- Murray Knowles, Chair
- Marianne Staempfli, Vice-Chair
- Jack Marley
- Hannah Parish
- Dave Stamper
- Dallyce Macas
- Linda Haldenby
- Janet Gates
- Diane Belanger
- George Christie, Honourary member (non-voting)
- Wendy Martin, Manager of Greenspace
Meetings of the Trails and Active Transportation Advisory Committee are held monthly or at the call of the Chair, with the provision that at least four meetings be held per year. The Advisory Committee establishes a regular meeting schedule that may be reviewed from time to time. The committee currently meets the second Thursday of the month, in the Braniff Room, Town Hall.