Trails Advisory Committee
The Trails Advisory Committee assists in creating a high quality, all season series of trails contributing to this area's development as a world-class destination, while connecting all areas of our community by a safe, off-road, multi-use trail system.
Mandate: The Trails Advisory Committee is responsible for providing recommendations to the Corporate and Community Services Standing Committee on the development of policies and programs in the area of trails, in accordance with approved corporate strategic objectives.
- Promoting additional trail usage by increasing awareness of the trail network.
- Working with the Historical Society to add features of local history on the Trails Network.
Composition: The Committee consists of seven (7) voting citizen members, a staff resource and recording secretary. The term of a member is generally for three years, with eligibility for reappointment.
Key Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements of Citizen Members include:
- Must be eligible to vote in the Town of Collingwood municipal election;
- Citizen members should represent a following skill sets and/or interest areas: Youth, seniors, persons with disabilities, natural heritage/environmental protection, arts, culture, sports, active living, public health representative, school board representatives;
- Demonstrated leadership (mandatory for chair); and
- Good communication skills, demonstrate initiative, and positive attitude.
Current Committee Members:
- Robert Miller
- Jeff Young
|Murray Knowles, Chair|
|Jack Marley, Vice-Chair|
|George Christie, Honorary member|
Staff Resources: Wendy Martin, Manager of Parks and Jessica Haley, Recording Secretary">
Meetings: Meetings of the Trails Advisory Committee are held monthly or at the call of the Chair, with the provision that at least four meetings be held per year. The Advisory Committee establishes a regular meeting schedule that may be reviewed from time to time. The committee currently meets the second Thursday of the month, in the Braniff Room, Town Hall.