COVID-19 Information Portal
Please Exercise Physical Distancing and Wear a Face Covering
The Town of Collingwood has proactively implemented a number of temporary measures to help get ahead of COVID-19 and to protect Residents, Businesses, and Staff. The Town is closely monitoring the situation and is ready to ramp up Business Continuity and Essential Services Plans in the event that COVID-19 escalates. Town Staff and Council are working hard to safeguard the best interests of the community while continuing to successfully deliver Town Services.
The Town’s critical and essential services, including fire services, drinking water & wastewater treatment, snow clearing, enforcement of priority bylaws, and essential front counter customer services will continue (online and over the phone). The Town has isolated critical Staff so to ensure the continuation of essential services.
- Customer Service: We are happy to assist you online or over the phone: Call: 705-445-1030, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most facilities and in-person customer service desks are closed until further notice.
- Municipal Relief Measures for Residents & Businesses
- Learn more about Water, Wastewater, and Electricity Relief Measures
- RallyPoint - Virtual PRC offering resources in education, physical activity, culture, music, poetry, and more!
- Town of Collingwood's Initial Response to COVID-19 (March 2020)
- Updates from Mayor Brian Saunderson - weekly updates on Peak FM, Max FM, and Rogers TV
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- Community transmission is being experienced in Simcoe Muskoka.
- Simcoe Muskoka Health Stats - stay up to date on local case status
- SMDHU Videos - Medical Officer of Health shares local public health information
- Stop the Spread - wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer, sneeze and cough into your sleeve, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, avoid contact with people who are sick, stay home if you are sick
- Face Coverings are Required in all indoor public spaces
- Social Gatherings & Social Circles
- Public Events
- Visiting your Cottage or Seasonal Residence
- How to care for a person with COVID-19 at home
- How to safely enjoy Outdoor Public Spaces
- How to Shop Safely
- Receiving Delivery & Take-out Safely
- Ontario Ministry of Health - Use the MOH's Self Assessment Tool
- Health Canada
- Collingwood General & Marine Hospital
Information For Businesses
- COVID-19 Business Recovery Resources (Collingwood)
- Webinars - learn how employers and employees can manage through a rapidly changing economic climate
- Business Development Centre in Downtown Collingwood - Get advice from our team of experts
- Sign up for Weekly Updates on COVID-19 Business Support
- Resources for Artists and the Arts Community (Collingwood)
- Water Services Checklist - Follow these steps to flush your internal plumbing system if it hasn't been used in at least 3 to 4 days.
- Resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace - sector-specific guidelines and posters to help protect workers, customers, and the general public.
- Have PPE or Need PPE? - Collingwood Optimist Club is coordinating supply and distribution email@example.com
- Community Connection 211 - Help is just a phone call away. Please call 211 if you are in need of help. The 2-1-1 Helpline is available 24/7 in 150 languages
- Thank You Front-Line Heroes - print and hang this poster in your front window to show your support.
- Mental Health & Addictions Support - access online or by phone
Ontario Government Updates
- Reopening Ontario - a framework for reopening our Province
- Temporary Pandemic Pay - financial support for eligible frontline and support workers fighting (COVID-19).
- List of Essential Workplaces - Province orders at-risk workplaces to temporarily close
- Electricity Relief to Families & Small Businesses - customers continue to benefit from temporary relief measures
- Financial Support for Seniors, Parents, Students, Workers, Indigenous Peoples, and Vulnerable Peoples
- Financial Support - help for basic needs, changes in renting, electricity bills, etc.
- Need A Job?
- Ontario Works Support - for those who do not qualify for Federal financial assistance programs
- Report Price Gouging Related to COVID-19 - Ontario wants to protect consumers from being exploited
- Social Services Relief Funding - Province to support Food Banks, Homeless Shelters, and Individuals
- Residential Relief Support - supports programming to help people with special needs, gender based violence, and indigenous peoples
- Rent Changes - help for landlords and tenants
- Mortgage Deferrals - Canadian banks have announced that mortgage payments can be deferred for up to six months. Talk to your bank for more information.
- School Closures and Learn at Home Information
- Support for Families Initiative - benefit for families that have children who are not in school or child care due to COVID-19.
- Ontario's Action Plan - government’s response to ensure our health care system, communities, and economy are positioned to weather the challenges ahead.
Federal Government Updates
- COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - Federal support for people facing unemployment, are sick or quarantined, low-income, unable to work, seniors, students, and general support for individuals.
- Government Takes Action on COVID-19
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit - provides a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months
- Employment Insurance benefits and leave
- Financial Support for Individuals