Administrative Assistant, Engineering (Full-Time)
Administrative Assistant, Engineering (Full-Time)
Job ID#: 2023-52
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Engineering
Date Posted: September 8, 2023
Closing Date: September 25, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Public Works, Engineering & Environmental Services
Pay Range: $49,922.60 to $63,681.80 ($27.43 to $34.99 per hour)
Start Date: October 2023
Hours of Work: Normal hours of work are thirty-five (35) hours per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a one (1) hour unpaid meal break. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, change shifts to work evenings or weekends to accommodate high volume periods or after-hours customer service initiatives, or to work overtime as needed.
Work Location: This position may be considered appropriate for a hybrid work model (a combination of on-site and remote work) after completion of the probationary period per Employer policy.
Do you want to work in a growing and thriving community? Why not consider working for the Town of Collingwood! Working for the Town will provide you with meaningful work and the opportunity to make a difference helping to build and improve the community. As an employee of the Town of Collingwood you will have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, gaining valuable skills and professional work experience.
The Administrative Assistant, Engineering provides administrative support to the Director and the Engineering division. The position is responsible to prepare correspondence, reports and meeting agendas/minutes, respond to enquiries, screen calls, record and dispatch information, schedule appointments, process invoices, mail sorting and distribution, assist in the issuance and coordination of permits, make arrangements for meetings and amenities, order supplies, maintain files and databases, and the performance of other support duties as assigned. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of administrative support and other division functions.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education, including business, office administration and computer courses.
- Completion of Municipal Administration Program an asset.
- Two (2) years’ related administration experience, preferably in a municipal environment. Experience with purchasing or finance.
- Thorough working knowledge of municipal government, public works, engineering functions, activities, and procedures.
- Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, database management, and office equipment. Knowledge of Great Plains, GIS software, and TOMRMS an asset.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).
We welcome you to submit your application for consideration and be part of the Town of Collingwood Team! To apply to this position, submit your cover letter and resume in Word or Adobe (pdf) format quoting the job # listed in the posting to firstname.lastname@example.org . In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Customer Services team by calling 705-445-1030. For more information on this position, please review the attached job description below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection. As an equal opportunity employer, the Town of Collingwood abides by all current legislation relating to individuals’ rights to employment under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Standards.
The Town of Collingwood is committed to making our interview process fully accessible for people of all abilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request, to support candidates’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require an accessibility accommodation.