Administrative Coordinator (Contract)
Hours of work:
Normal hours of work are thirty-five (35) hours per week including attendance at evening and weekend meetings as scheduled; flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to change shifts, adjust work hours, attend to functions outside of normal work hours or work extra hours as needed.
Reporting to the Manager, Legislative Services/Deputy Clerk, the Administrative Coordinator provides Council/Committee secretariat functions for Standing, Advisory and Quasi-Judicial Committees, and Council, as well as secretarial and administrative support to Clerk Services. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of meeting functions and other departmental functions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Business or Public Administration or related discipline.
- Three (3) years previous administration/office experience. Previous work experience in a municipal or public sector environment an asset.
- Enrolment or completion of Municipal Administration Program, and Parliamentary Meeting Protocol Course an asset.
- Knowledge of parliamentary procedures and Town’s Procedural By-Law. Knowledge and understanding of Council/Committee protocol and municipal functions, current local/corporate/regional issues, and other government processes and functions, as well as that of other local agencies/boards that are closely involved with the Town.
- Excellent minute taking and transcription skills, along with excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, customer service and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public, fellow staff members, and members of various committees.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, database management, and office equipment. Experience with electronic meeting management software (e.g., iCompass) an asset
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).