Collections Management Assistant - Museum (Student)
This position is dependent upon funding through a Young Canada Works Job grant and the successful candidate must meet the eligibility criteria as stated in the grant agreement. The grant agreement will dictate the duration of this seasonal position (number of weeks and hours per week funded) and the status of the grant application is expected to be known in April.
Reporting to the Museum Supervisor, the Collections Management Assistant works with the museum collection to continue numbering, condition reporting, Past Perfect input, and proper storage techniques, and assists with other functions at the Collingwood Museum as requested. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of customer care; visitor services, and assisting with current collections record management of artifacts.
Experience and Qualifications:
- OSSD, or equivalent, together with customer service experience. Museum Studies Education or History interest preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication interpersonal, and research skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and flexible. Willing to commit for the summer season.
- Participation in collections management training or related experiences.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member; ability to exercise initiative.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of artifacts with different shapes, sizes and weights.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and office equipment.
- Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Checks acceptable to the Employer and a valid Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).