Coordinator, Community Transit (Full-Time)
Coordinator, Community Transit (Full-Time)
Job ID#: 2023-47
Job Title: Coordinator, Community Transit
Date Posted: August 11, 2023
Closing Date: September 25, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Public Works, Engineering & Environmental Services
Pay Range: $78,208.00 to $95,035.20 ($37.60 to $45.69 per hour)
Start Date: September 2023
Hours of Work: Normal hours of work are forty (40) hours a week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a thirty (30) minute unpaid meal break. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary to conduct occasional inspections outside of normal working hours or respond to urgent matters as required.
Work Location: This position may be considered appropriate for a hybrid work model (a combination of on-site and remote work) after completion of the probationary period per Employer policy.
Do you want to work in a growing and thriving community? Why not consider working for the Town of Collingwood! Working for the Town will provide you with meaningful work and the opportunity to make a difference helping to build and improve the community. As an employee of the Town of Collingwood you will have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, gaining valuable skills and professional work experience.
The Community Transit Coordinator position is responsible for the daily management and administration of Collingwood’s transit system including its service provider, drafting or updates of proposed policies and bylaws, and coordination of services and routes with other jurisdictions and levels of government. This position is responsible for managing and analyzing transit ridership, models, output, and overall performance related transit functions, activities, and data. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development of management reports and related internal controls and provides input and recommendation to the business planning and budget cycle process. The main duties and responsibilities are in the area of municipal transit management and coordination, procurement, and studies, reports, and technical reviews.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Diploma in civil technology or technician, geomatics/GIS or related field, together with a C. Tech or CET designation or a diploma or accounting, business, marketing, or other finance related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a leadership role in transit/transportation, or active transportation. Experience in municipal engineering, familiarity with public procurement processes, experience municipal transit operations an asset.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office applications and Transit Fare applications. Experience with WorkTech asset management software an asset.
- Knowledge of municipal infrastructure design, transit operations, management principles, and contract administration of municipal transportation projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deal independently, courteously, and professionally in any situation.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s Licence in good standing and a current Driver’s Abstract with results satisfactory to the Employer.
- Possess Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the Employer and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate (or willing to obtain).
We welcome you to submit your application for consideration and be part of the Town of Collingwood Team! To apply to this position, submit your cover letter and resume in Word or Adobe (pdf) format quoting the job # listed in the posting to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Customer Services team by calling 705-445-1030. For more information on this position, please review the attached job description below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection. As an equal opportunity employer, the Town of Collingwood abides by all current legislation relating to individuals’ rights to employment under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Standards.
The Town of Collingwood is committed to making our interview process fully accessible for people of all abilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request, to support candidates’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require an accessibility accommodation.