Coordinator, Community Well-Being and Inclusion (Full-Time)
Job type: Permanent Full-Time
Start date: June 2019
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, normally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; flexibility in scheduling is required as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours
Reporting to the Director of Parks, Recreation and Culture, the Coordinator, Community Well-Being and Inclusion will be responsible for building an inclusive and accessible environment where all members of the community feel valued, respected and supported. The position will work with staff and the community to develop, plan and implement policies, strategies and activities with a focus on well-being, diversity and inclusion adopting a holistic approach to health that builds on community assets and collaboration. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of: community engagement; well-being, equity, diversity and inclusion; and, administration and accountability.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma in a health promotion related discipline, or equivalent education plus related experience (minimum two years).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with community organizations/groups.
- Knowledge of the social determinants of health and the impact on children, youth, families, adults, and seniors.
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with multi-sectoral partners.
- Experience managing projects involving programming/policy elements.
- Demonstrated leadership ability combined with excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and standard office equipment.
- Experience in program evaluation, data collection and social marketing would be an asset.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).
Full Job Description (PDF)