Coordinator, Fleet & Facilities (Full-Time)
Hours of work:
40 hours per week, usually Monday through Friday; flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there will be the requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, respond to urgent matters, change shifts to work days, weekends or holidays to facilitate projects, or to work overtime as needed.
Reporting to the Manager, Fleet & Facilities, the Coordinator, Fleet & Facilities is responsible to perform effectively the planning and execution of facility maintenance and improvement projects at Town properties, and assist with fleet and facility management systems. The position monitors energy consumption and cost, and makes recommendations on conservation projects, and coordinates facility maintenance activities, establishes work direction and maintains life safety and support systems. The main duties and responsibilities for the position are in the areas of project planning and execution, facility management, energy management, budget planning, vendors of record, and fleet.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Building Construction or related discipline.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a management role over construction or maintenance projects.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required. Familiarity with building or process automation and/or facility maintenance management systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of all relevant codes and regulations that govern fleet and facility operations.
- Relevant experience in the management of construction related projects is essential.
- Commercial and/or industrial construction experience while acting on behalf of the owner.
- Effective project administration and attention to work progress and billing details.
- Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, database management, and office equipment. Knowledge of asset management software (e.g., Work Tech) an asset.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).