Coordinator, Public Relations – Collingwood Library (Contract)
Job type: Contract Full-Time
Hours of work: Average 35 hours per week including day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts; flexibility in scheduling is required as there may be the occasional requirement to change shifts or work extra hours as necessary
Reporting to the Library Chief Executive Officer, the Coordinator, Public Relations seeks opportunities to promote the Library to the public, along with providing fundraising support to the Friends of the Library. The position develops and oversees internal and external communications on behalf of the Library, including media relations, public relations, marketing and fundraising strategies. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of marketing and communication, public relations, website and social media, Arts Advisory Council, public service, fundraising, and general library support.
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related, together with a minimum of three (3) years related experience.
2. Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational, team work, problem-solving and communication skills, together with the ability to multi-task.
3. Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, internet, standard office equipment and Integrated Library Systems (ILS). Strong keyboarding skills and willingness to learn new software applications.
4. Familiarity with relevant guidelines, policies and procedures; health and safety; and, comprehension of library functions and activities.
5. Excellent creative, organizational, communication, planning, public relations, and interpersonal skills; excellent rapport with children, youth and adults.
6. Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the general public, all staff, other government/agencies/libraries, and community groups.
7. Ability to demonstrate tack and discretion in handling matters of a confidential nature and maintain confidentiality. Familiarity with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Ability to cope with interruptions and exercise good judgement.
8. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
9. Possess a Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).
Full Job Description (PDF)