Crossing Guard (Casual)
Reporting to the Manager, Building Services/CBO, Crossing Guards are responsible to ensure the safe crossing of students and pedestrians as they go to and from school at school crossings, marked crosswalks or traffic lights on a daily basis. Main duties and responsibilities are in the area of escorting pedestrians, pedestrian safety counselling, and reporting offenders.
Experience and Qualifications:
- OSSD or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of traffic signals, traffic patterns and behavior, and geographical knowledge of the municipality. Safety oriented.
- Strong interpersonal communications, customer service oriented. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and appropriately groomed and attired to present professional image.
- Reliable, punctual and dependable with flexible availability.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow procedural and policy manuals related to job performed.
- Willing and able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Possess a Vulnerable Sector Check with results satisfactory to the Employer, and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).