Crossing Guard (Casual)
Note: Casual relief staff are required to replace Part-Time Crossing Guards on an occasional basis. Outer clothing (e.g., rain gear, parka, ice cleats, toques) provided.
Reporting to the Supervisor, By-Law, Crossing Guards are responsible to ensure the safe crossing of students and pedestrians as they go to and from school at school crossings, marked crosswalks or traffic lights on a daily basis. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the area of escorting pedestrians, pedestrian safety counselling, and reporting offenders.
Experience and Qualifications
- OSSD or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of traffic signals, traffic patterns and behavior and geographical knowledge of the Town of Collingwood. Safety oriented.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment including extreme cold temperatures and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to frequently stand and walk, bend and reach, use hands to handle and operate stop light controls and signage, lift and hold a sign.
- Strong interpersonal communications, customer service oriented. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and appropriately groomed and attired to present professional image.
- Reliable, punctual and dependable with flexible availability.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow procedural and policy manuals related to job performed.
- Possess Vulnerable Sector Check with results satisfactory to the Town, and a valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate (or willing to obtain).