Crossing Guard (Casual)
Crossing Guard (Casual)
Job ID#: 2023-25
Job Title: Crossing Guard
Date Posted: April 6, 2023
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed as submitted until all vacancies are filled
Job Type: Casual
Department: Legislative Services - By-Law
Wage rate: $17.31 per hour for hours worked, or $10 per day on-call
Hours of Work: Shifts may be mornings, lunch time or afternoons and may vary in length from 30 minutes to one hour (compensated at a minimum of 1.5 hours per shift), dependent upon the location
Are you looking for part-time hours that allow for personal time, hobbies or other part-time work? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Why not consider working for the Town of Collingwood as a Crossing Guard! Crossing Guards help children cross the street safely while going to and from school and are respected and recognized members of our community!
Reporting to the Supervisor, By-Law, Crossing Guards are responsible to ensure the safe crossing of students and pedestrians as they go to and from school at school crossings, marked crosswalks or traffic lights on a daily basis. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the area of escorting pedestrians, pedestrian safety counselling, and reporting offenders.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
Experience and Qualifications:
- OSSD or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of traffic signals, traffic patterns and behavior and geographical knowledge of the Town of Collingwood. Safety oriented.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment including extreme cold temperatures and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to frequently stand and walk, bend and reach, use hands to handle and operate stop light controls and signage, lift and hold a sign.
- Strong interpersonal communications, customer service oriented. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and appropriately groomed and attired to present professional image.
- Reliable, punctual and dependable with flexible availability.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow procedural and policy manuals related to job performed.
- Possess Vulnerable Sector Check with results satisfactory to the Town, and a valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate (or willing to obtain).
We welcome you to submit your application for consideration and be part of the Town of Collingwood Team! To apply to this position, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting the Job # listed above. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Customer Service team by calling 705-445-1030. For more information on this position, please review the attached job description below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection. As an equal opportunity employer, The Town of Collingwood abides by all current legislation relating to individuals’ rights to employment under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Standards.
The Town of Collingwood is committed to making our interview process fully accessible for people of all abilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request, to support candidates’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require an accessibility accommodation.