Customer Service Ambassador (Full-Time)
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, usually Monday through Friday; flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, change shifts to work evenings or weekends to accommodate high volume periods or for after-hours customer service initiatives, or to work overtime as needed.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Ambassadors perform various tasks associated with providing exceptional customer service and information to the public regarding all Town services in line with the Town of Collingwood Common Service Standards. This position responds to customer enquiries and concerns, researches information, liaises with internal staff and contracted service providers regarding customer complaints, then facilitates responses with the public accordingly. This position acts as an ambassador for the Town in dealings with the public and displays a positive image at all times. This position is also responsible for handing payment transactions with customers, payment application, and initial customer inquiries regarding taxation. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of customer service support, cashier services, and other division functions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is required, together with post-secondary courses in office administration, hospitality or business.
- Completion of or enrolment in the Municipal Administration Program would be an asset.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a front-line customer service role and previous experience handling larger volumes of money. Proficient use of an adding machine is essential.
- Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, database management, and office equipment. Knowledge of Great Plains software an asset.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).