Facility Attendant (Part-Time)
Reporting to the Recreation Facilities Supervisor, the Facility Attendants are responsible for performing custodial functions, building and equipment maintenance and minor repair, ice maintenance, responding to queries and problems, opening and closing functions, ensuring the facilities are clean and safe for users, and for providing exceptional customer service related to the arena and/or aquatic facilities. Main duties and responsibilities include arena operations and cleaning and the physical demands require the ability to walk, stand, bend, lift (occasionally up to 23 kg/50 lbs), mop, vacuum, sweep and shovel.
Experience and Qualifications:
- OSSD, or equivalent, combined with six (6) months’ of janitorial and/or minor building maintenance, refrigeration plant and/or general machine operation experience; an appreciation for arena sports would be an asset.
- Certification in Propane Cylinder Exchange and Confined Space Entry or willing to obtain.
- Experience in painting, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and structural repairs.
- Working knowledge of ice maintenance and equipment operation, departmental policies and procedures, chemical water treatment testing, Windows Microsoft Office applications, and office equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills, ability to work constructively in a team environment or act independently as required, and to deal effectively and courteously in all aspects of the position.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position including ability to cope with both cold and warm environments with water hazards.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s license in good standing and current driver’s abstract with results satisfactory to the Town. Ability and willingness to travel within the community and out of town as required.
- Possess Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C, WHMIS and Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check satisfactory to the Employer.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.