Finance Operations Analyst (Contract)
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Operations Analyst will provide analytical support to the Finance Division and for project initiatives. The main duties and responsibilities for this position are in the areas of fixed asset capital accounting and asset management, financial reporting, accounting, budget software support, and accounts payable/receivable.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, along with completion of or working towards professional accounting designation (e.g., CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA; CPA, CA).
- Strong computer skills, namely entire Microsoft Office Suite of programs with an emphasis on advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with financial software implementations would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, planning and organizational skills.
- Sound technical accounting knowledge including capital accounting.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess Criminal Records & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the Town, and valid standard first aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate (or willing to obtain).