GIS Assistant (Seasonal)
Reporting to Manager, IT Service the GIS Assistant is responsible for working in collaboration with the Town’s GIS Specialist to update and expand our existing geospatial database, for the Water Department. This position will primarily be a data driven experience by investigating and identifying where existing assets are not spatially captured, updating associated attributes, and helping to expand our existing geospatial inventory for all department assets. This position will also be integral in the maintenance of field operations mobile GIS applications. This position will be a combination of office and field work. Main duties and responsibilities in the areas of updating GIS inventory and infrastructure and data entry.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in (or recent graduate) of a College or University with studies primarily related to GIS.
- Experience using Esri’s software (ArcMap, ArcCatalog) is essential. Further working knowledge of ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Collector, and ArcGIS Survey123 would be an asset.
- Experience and/or general understanding of GPS technology.
- Practical experience in Municipal GIS would be an asset.
- Experience reading engineering drawings would be asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software be an asset.
- High attention to detail and data entry are essential.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report on data, with a passion for delivering outstanding work.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and work both independently and with collaborative teamwork.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s license in good standing.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate.
- Possess a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the Town.