HR Support (Seasonal)
This position is dependent on Council approval of the 2021 budget.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources (HR), the HR Support provides support to the division by assisting on key projects and functions including recruitment activities, division filing, HRIS data entry, and reviewing division documentation. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of recruitment, records management, health and safety programs, and administrative support.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in (or recent graduate) of a post-secondary institution with studies primarily related to HR, H&S, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Practical experience in HR or H&S, and accurate keyboarding, data entry and proof-reading skills.
- Familiarity with applicable legislation including Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety & Insurance Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Pay Equity Act, Labour Relations Act, etc.
- Good administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and judgment particularly when handling confidential/sensitive information. Possess initiative and personal integrity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, database management, and office equipment. Familiarity with an HRIS an asset.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the Employer, and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).