Information Technology Service Desk Coordinator (Full-Time)
Hours of work:
35 per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there will be the requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours (including evenings, weekends or holidays) and/or work overtime as needed
Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology (IT) Services, the IT Service Desk Coordinator provides first level troubleshooting, support, maintenance and customer service to staff. The position works closely with the System Support Coordinator to resolve most software and hardware related problems and assists the division with special projects as required. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of IT service desk support and other division functions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma in IT or related discipline.
- Three (3) years demonstrated experience in the IT field providing end-user technical support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is essential, Microsoft Office 365 is preferred. Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and associated Microsoft technologies.
- Good administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members. Ability to communicate effectively and provide training to users with varying levels of computer understanding.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Experience with Municipal Software (e.g., Great Plains, Work tech, Cityview, Perfectmind) would be preferred and experience with GIS software would be an asset.
- Experience with PBX phone systems and cellular technology would be an asset.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and current Driver’s Abstract with results satisfactory to the employer. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).