Office Support, Fire (Seasonal)
Hours of work:
35 per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, change shifts to work evenings or weekends to accommodate high volume periods or for after-hours customer service initiatives, or to work extra hours as needed.
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the Office Support, Fire performs general clerical duties in the Fire Department. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of department projects and administrative support.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary Fire, emergency planning, or Public Administration program or related discipline, including business and computer courses, together with six (6) months of related experience.
- Awareness of municipal government practices and legislation related to the Fire services function.
- Good administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications and office equipment. Knowledge of database management an asset.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).