Park & Program Leader (Contract)
Park & Program Leader (Contract)
Job ID#: 2023-15
Job Title: Park & Program Leader
Date Posted: May 1, 2023
Closing Date: June 26, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Part-Time Contract
Department: Park, Recreation & Culture
Pay Range: $17.31 per hour
Hours of Work: Normal hours of work are twenty (20) hours a week; shifts will be dependent on the programming schedule which may include days, evenings and weekends. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, change shifts, or to work overtime as needed.
Work Period: July to August 2023
Looking for a summer job? Why not consider working for the Town of Collingwood! Working for the Town can be a fun and rewarding experience with opportunities to grow both personally and professionally, gaining valuable skills and work experience.
The Park & Program Leader will be responsible for planning, organizing and implementing free-play activities for children of all ages participating in drop-in neighbourhood park programs, encouraging outdoor activities in parks and open spaces, strengthening physical literacy and facilitating social connection. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the care and maintenance of Town community gardens as well supporting event planning and implementation. The main responsibilities of this position are in the areas of program delivery and program development.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution with studies primarily related to Early Childhood Education, Teaching, or a related discipline.
- Customer service or research/communication experience. Participation in leadership programs or related experience.
- Ability to plan outdoor events, organize volunteers, and work independently or as a team member as required. Enthusiasm in program delivery and flexibility to tailor programming and schedules.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of ages and demographic groups. Willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Good administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and judgment particularly when handling confidential/sensitive information. Possess initiative and personal integrity.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and office equipment.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License an asset.
- Possess a Vulnerable Sector Check with results satisfactory to the Employer, and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).
We welcome you to submit your application for consideration and be part of the Town of Collingwood Team! To apply to this position, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting the Job # listed above. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Customer Service team by calling 705-445-1030. For more information on this position, please review the attached job description below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection. As an equal opportunity employer, The Town of Collingwood abides by all current legislation relating to individuals’ rights to employment under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Standards.
The Town of Collingwood is committed to making our interview process fully accessible for people of all abilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request, to support candidates’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require an accessibility accommodation.