Programmer Education - Museum (2 Students)
This position is dependent upon funding through a Young Canada Works Job grant and the successful candidate must meet the eligibility criteria as stated in the grant agreement. The grant agreement will dictate the duration of this seasonal position (number of weeks and hours per week funded) and the status of the grant application is expected to be known in April.
Reporting to the Museum Supervisor, the Student Programmer Education provides care, supervision and program facilitation for assigned campers for a quality day camp experience for school aged children, 6 to 12 with a historical focus. Developing, promoting and implementing crafts, games, storytelling, and day trips to other sites through effective leadership and programming, enabling children to develop skills, learn, socialize and build self-esteem. Main duties and responsibilities are in the areas of Program Development and Delivery.
Experience and Qualifications:
- OSSD, or equivalent, together with customer service experience and Early Childhood Education or Teachers courses.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with children ages 6 – 12. Previous experience with children in a day camp setting is an asset.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and flexible. Participation in leadership programs or related experiences.
- Ability to work as a team member or independently as required.
- A background working in the outdoors. Willing to commit for the summer season.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative.
- Ability to work with a variety of ages and demographic groups.
- Ability to take change and motivate others.
- Ability to observe/assess camper behaviour, enforce safety regulations & emergency procedures and apply appropriate behaviour-management techniques.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and office equipment.
- Current standard first aid and CPR/AED Level C.
- Vulnerable Sector checks acceptable to the Town of Collingwood.