Project Engineer (Contract)
Project Engineer (Contract)
Job ID#: 2023-30
Job Title: Project Engineer
Date Posted: May 11, 2023
Closing Date: May 29, 2023 at 4 p.m.
Job Type: Contract Full-Time (with the potential to become Permanent)
Pay Range: $84,552.00 to $102,731.20 per year ($40.65 to $49.39 per hour)
Work Period: June 2023 to April 2024
Hours of Work: Normal hours of work are forty (40) hours per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with a thirty (30) minute unpaid meal break. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, respond to urgent matters, change shifts to work evenings or weekends to accommodate high volume periods or for after-hours customer service initiatives, or to work extra hours as needed.
Work Location: This position may be considered appropriate for a hybrid work model (a combination of on-site and remote work).
Note: The initial term of this position will be to April 2024, with the potential to become permanent at the conclusion of the term.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Why not consider a career with the Town of Collingwood! What’s in it for you? Employee and Family Assistance Program, eligibility for the OMERS Pension Plan, Training and Development Opportunities, Flex time and more!
The Town of Collingwood is looking for a Project Engineer to be responsible for the review of development applications, primarily subdivisions, zoning by-law amendments, official plan amendments, and occasional site plan applications. The position is also responsible for overseeing various engineering studies and capital projects prepared by outside consultants on behalf of the municipality. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of development application review, project management, and responding to general engineering-related enquiries.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Designation as a Professional Engineer (e.g., P. Eng or CET)
- Seven (7) years’ experience in municipal engineering (private consulting or in a municipal environment) including three (3) years demonstrated experience in project management. Physical ability to perform required activities and wear required personal protective equipment.
- Demonstrated experience as the lead on minor development or municipal infrastructure projects or working as part of a team on more major complex projects. Detailed knowledge of municipal infrastructure design, plan review, subdivision and site plan development, stormwater management, traffic and transportation, municipal servicing, lot grading, and contract administration and inspection.
- Detailed knowledge of various standards such as Ontario Provincial Standards (OPS) Drawings and Specifications, MTO Geometric Design Manual, TAC Geometric Design Manual, Ontario Traffic Manuals, ITE Trip Generation Manual, MOECC Drainage Management Manual, MECP Stormwater Management Planning and Design Manual, Ontario Building Code, NVCA Engineering Technical Guidelines, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, etc.
- Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, database management, and office equipment. Knowledge of ArcGIS, AutoCAD, PCSWMM, HEC-RAS, OTHYMMO an asset.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).
We welcome you to submit your application for consideration and be part of the Town of Collingwood Team! To apply to this position, submit your cover letter and resume in Word or Adobe (pdf) format quoting the job # listed in the posting to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Customer Services team by calling 705-445-1030. For more information on this position, please review the attached job description below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection. As an equal opportunity employer, the Town of Collingwood abides by all current legislation relating to individuals’ rights to employment under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Standards.
The Town of Collingwood is committed to making our interview process fully accessible for people of all abilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request, to support candidates’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require an accessibility accommodation.