Rink Helper (Student)
Hours of work: Normal hours of work are ten (10) to fourteen (14) hours per week, on a rotating schedule which includes evenings, weekends, holidays and special events; flexibility is scheduling is necessary to change shifts and/or work extra hours as needed.
Reporting to the Recreation Facilities Supervisor, Rink Helpers assist Facility Attendants with custodial functions, ensuring arena facilities are clean and safe for users, and respond to patron enquires in a welcoming and friendly manner. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of cleaning and arena operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of a minimum of one (1) year of secondary education.
- Appreciation for arena sports an asset.
- Good communication, interpersonal, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment. Possess initiative and personal integrity.
- Physically capable of performing the required functions of the position (e.g., standing, walking, skating, lifting, pushing, pulling), operating cleaning equipment, working in an arena environment. and wearing the applicable personal protective equipment.
- Willing and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification.