Student Programmer, Museum (2 Seasonal)
Student Programmer, Museum (2 Seasonal)
Job ID#: 2023-06
Job Title: Student Programmer, Museum
Date Posted: January 27, 2023
Closing Date: April 3, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Full-Time Seasonal
Department: Culture & Events - Museum
Pay Range: $17.31 per hour
Hours of Work: Normal hours of work are thirty-five (35) hours per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a one (1) hour unpaid meal break. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary as there may be the occasional requirement to attend to functions outside of normal work hours, change shifts to work evenings or weekends dependant upon the programming schedule, or to work overtime as needed.
Work Period: May to September 2023
Looking for a summer job? Why not consider working for the Town of Collingwood! Working for the Town can be a fun and rewarding experience with opportunities to grow both personally and professionally, gaining valuable skills and work experience. If you have an interest in pursuing a career in Early Childhood Education, this position might be for you!
Student Programmers, Museum provide care, supervision and program facilitation of summer programs with a historic focus for children ages 6 to 12. The position develops, promotes and implements crafts, games, storytelling, and travel to other sites through effective leadership and programming, enabling children to develop skills, learn, socialize and build self-esteem. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of program delivery, program development and promotion, and other Museum functions.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary Early Childhood Education, Teachers program or related discipline.
- Six (6) months of related experience in a day camp setting. Participating in leadership programs or related experiences an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children ages 6 to 12. Experience with historical research and craft-based activities an asset.
- Ability to observe/assess participant behaviours, enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behaviour-management techniques.
- Good administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications and office equipment.
- Physically capable of participating in programs and wearing the applicable personal protective equipment.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
- Possess a current Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification.
We welcome you to submit your application for consideration and be part of the Town of Collingwood Team! To apply to this position, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job # listed above. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Customer Service team by calling 705-445-1030. For more information on this position, please review the attached job description below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection. As an equal opportunity employer, The Town of Collingwood abides by all current legislation relating to individuals’ rights to employment under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Standards.
The Town of Collingwood is committed to making our interview process fully accessible for people of all abilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request, to support candidates’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require an accessibility accommodation.