Supervisor, Community Services – Collingwood Public Library
Reporting to the Library Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Supervisor, Community Services is responsible for researching community needs, and developing, delivering, and evaluating responsive outreach and partnership opportunities aimed at increasing the profile and use of the Collingwood Public Library. This position is responsible for the continued development and evaluation of the library’s collection of online resources and will work with the County of Simcoe Cooperative Library, where applicable, to ensure resources meet community needs and interests. The main duties and responsibilities of the position are in the areas of community development and outreach, division administration functions, digital services, donor relations, and general library support.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Library and Information Technology or related discipline. Master’s in Library Science an asset.
- Three (3) years’ of library experience in a community library environment, including progressive supervisory/management experience. Demonstrated success in leading cohesive and motivated teams to meet organization goals, objectives, and initiatives.
- Experience providing collection building, programming, outreach and communication with patrons and outside agencies.
- Ability to interpret community’s interest and anticipate the community's need for library services, and to review, write, develop and interpret policies and procedures related to the provision of library service.
- Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, analytical, decision making, problem solving, supervisory/management and public relations skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information. Possess a high degree of initiative and personal integrity.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, Integrated Library Systems, internet, database management software, and office equipment.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the community and out of town as required.
- Possess a current Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the employer, and a valid standard first aid & CPR/AED Level C certification (or willing to obtain).