Truck Driver/Labourer (4 Temporary)
One position may be considered for winter patrol duties to patrol for weather related and other road conditions as assigned on a night, weekend or holiday shift schedule. Additional qualifications would include completion of courses in municipal roads maintenance and patrol experience with an hourly wage of $31.54.
Temporary employees are required for the 2020/2021 winter season to assist with snow removal activities. Truck Driver/Labourers are responsible for operating light or medium duty trucks and for performing generally unskilled labour.
Main duties and responsibilities are in the areas of snow removal/ice control, street and road maintenance, and other duties to provide back-up support to other division duties as assigned. Snow removal/ice control duties include: performing snow removal as assigned including operation of snow plow, sanders, dump trucks and/or other equipment including hand and power tools, together with any associated manual labour and maintenance duties as assigned; and, operating light or medium duty trucks (light trucks may be equipped with front-mounted snow plow and/or sanding equipment). Street and road maintenance duties include: performing maintenance and/or construction duties related to roads, sewers, sidewalks and curbs, bus shelters, road allowances, catch basins, Public Works yard facility, and/or other Public Works operations as assigned and the operation of sanders, dump trucks, mowers, jack-hammers, and/or other equipment including hand and power tools, together with any associated manual labour and maintenance duties as assigned; and, maintaining municipal roads including litter and debris pick up, vacuuming leaves, street sweeping, snow clearing/removal and winter sanding operations, erecting snow fences and/or other related operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- OSSD or equivalent with one (1) year experience as a Truck Driver or combination of education and experience in roads/winter control operations and maintenance activities.
- Ability to operate a plow and wing combination, sander, sidewalk maintenance tractor, farm tractor and other power hand equipment.
- Valid Class DZ Driver's Licence, current Driver’s Abstract, and Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) with results satisfactory to the Town.
- Good organizational, record-keeping, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with members of the public and other departments and/or government contacts.
- Possess a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).