Wastewater Treatment Operator 1 (Temporary)
Ideally we are seeking someone with a WWT1 license but applicants with WWT OIT license will also be considered.
Reporting to the Wastewater Supervisor, Wastewater Treatment Operators perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance and repair of the wastewater treatment facility. Operators are responsible for effective operation ensuring that all operations are in compliance with legislation, guidelines and policies. The main duties and responsibilities of this position are in the areas of maintaining physical plant and equipment, operations, sampling, housekeeping, and general administrative functions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- OSSD, Wastewater Treatment - Class I Licence and willing to obtain Class 2, 3 and 4. Mechanical, Electrical or Millwright Licence would be an asset, together with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience, or an equivalent combination.
- Thorough working knowledge of the applicable acts/legislation/regulations, in particular the Ministry of Environment Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Electrical Safety Code and the Town Policy Manual.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A strong team player with a collaborative approach, excellent interpersonal, administrative, organizational, communication, analytical, organizational and time management and prioritization skills
- Comprehensive literacy and communicative skills in the English language.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and appropriate related programs.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing and Driver’s Abstract satisfactory to the Employer.
- Possess Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) satisfactory to the Employer, and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).