Wastewater Treatment Operator 2 (Full-Time)
Wastewater Treatment Operator 2 (Full-Time)
Job ID#: 2023-20
Job Title: Wastewater Treatment Operator 2
Date Posted: March 3, 2023
Closing Date: April 3, 2023 at 4 p.m.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Division: Environmental Services
Pay Range: $37.43 per hour
Start Date: April 2023
Hours of Work: Normal hours of work are forty (40) hours per week, usually Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with a thirty (30) minute unpaid meal break and scheduled on-call hours, weekend and call-in hours. Flexibility in scheduling is necessary to respond to urgent situations and/or work overtime as needed.
Work Location: on-site
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Why not consider a career with the Town of Collingwood! What’s in it for you? Competitive Group Health Benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, OMERS Pension Plan, Training and Development Opportunities, and more!
The Town of Collingwood is looking for a Wastewater Treatment (WWT) Operator 2 who performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance and repair of all wastewater treatment and collection facilities operated by the Town. The Operator 2 is responsible and accountable for effective operation ensuring that all operations are in compliance with legislation, guidelines and policies. The position will participate in an on-call rotation with responsibility to respond to alarms, be assigned temporary Overall Responsibility Operator (ORO) responsibilities on a rotating basis, and provide mentoring and training to Operator 1 and OIT staff.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ontario Secondary School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of Wastewater Treatment Certificate Class II license, and willingness to obtain higher classes. Mechanical, electrical or millwright license an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years plant operations experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of the applicable acts/legislation/regulations, in particular the Ministry of Environment Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Electrical Safety Code and the Town Policy Manual.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, prioritization, and customer service skills, together with the ability to use tact and discretion and to deal courteously and effectively with the public and fellow staff members. A strong team player with a collaborative approach.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment. Possess high degree of initiative and personal integrity.
- Must be physically capable of performing the required functions of the position (e.g., standing, walking, etc.) and wearing the required PPE (e.g., respirator, harness, etc.).
- Comprehensive literacy and communicative skills in the English language.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and appropriate related programs.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing and Driver’s Abstract satisfactory to the Employer.
- Possess Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) satisfactory to the Employer, and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate (or willing to obtain).
We welcome you to submit your application for consideration and be part of the Town of Collingwood Team! To apply to this position, submit your cover letter and resume in Word or Adobe (pdf) format quoting the job # listed in the posting to email@example.com. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Customer Services team by calling 705-445-1030. For more information on this position, please review the attached job description below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection. As an equal opportunity employer, the Town of Collingwood abides by all current legislation relating to individuals’ rights to employment under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Standards.
The Town of Collingwood is committed to making our interview process fully accessible for people of all abilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request, to support candidates’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require an accessibility accommodation