Applications for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant Extended to April 7
Applications for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant will remain open until April 7th, 2021 so there is still time to check your eligibility and apply.
Small businesses that are eligible for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant will be automatically entitled to a second one-time payment in an amount equal to the first payment received. The payments are between $10,000 and $20,000.
NOTE: If you don't apply for and receive the first payment you will not receive the second payment. There is no application process for the second payment.
Starting at $10,000 for all eligible businesses, the grant will provide businesses with dollar for dollar funding to a maximum of $20,000 to help cover decreased revenue expected as a result of the Provincewide Shutdown effective December 26, 2020.
To receive the grant, a small business must:
- be required to close or restrict services subject to the Provincewide Shutdown effective 12:01 a.m. on December 26
- have fewer than 100 employees at the enterprise level
- have experienced a minimum of 20 per cent revenue decline comparing April 2020 to April 2019 revenues. New businesses established since April 2019 are also eligible provided they meet the other eligibility criteria
Businesses that are not eligible include those that were already required to close prior to the introduction of modified Stage 2 measures on October 10, 2020, and essential business permitted to operate with capacity restrictions (e.g., discount and big box stores selling groceries, supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies, and beer, wine and liquor stores).
Small businesses not in operation in April 2019 or April 2020 will be able to select alternative months for comparing revenue decline through the application portal.
Check the status of your application online: Click Here
Learn more about the grant: Click Here
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact Natalia Tkacz, Director of Stakeholder Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be open until April 7th, 2021
- All eligible and qualifying businesses will receive payment
- Businesses without a CRA business number can register one as part of the application process to obtain the grant
- If you don't apply for and receive the first payment you will not receive the second payment.