CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - Order of Collingwood & Companion of the Order
The Order of Collingwood is an annual time-honoured tradition recognizing exemplary volunteerism within the community by people who improve social, well-being, natural or cultural environment, or recreational character of the Town of Collingwood. This awards program recognizes the vital role of volunteers whose contributions strengthen the Community Based Strategic Plan through fostering the community’s goals, making Collingwood an enviable place to live, work, and play.
1) Order of Collingwood
- Must volunteer in the Town of Collingwood, to the primary benefit of the Collingwood community, and have received no remuneration or financial benefit from the volunteer participation or service;
- Nominees do not need to be a resident of the Town of Collingwood, as long as the volunteer contributions benefit the community and residents of the Town of Collingwood;
- Volunteer contributions of a nominee must have been made on a continuous basis over a period of time not less than two years with the exception of youth volunteerism;
- Must not be a member of the current Municipal Council;
- Awards may be awarded/presented posthumously.
2) Companion of the Order
- Same as above, however, only awarded to former Order of Collingwood recipients, who through their continued volunteer efforts improve the overall character in Collingwood for a period not less than five years.
- Nominations are to be submitted utilizing the Order of Collingwood Nomination form, available at the Townhall or on our website.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- Nominations may be submitted by an individual, a business or an organization.
Deadline for Nominations: Friday, November 1, 2019 at 4:30 PM.
Send nominations to:
Town of Collingwood
Attn: Order of Collingwood Review Committee
97 Hurontario Street, Box 157, Collingwood, ON, L9Y 3Z5
Learn more at www.collingwood.ca/order